Kelly Wilkinson, Dean
Welcome to the Williamson College of Business Administration (WCBA). When you decide to be a part of the WCBA, you become part of a community of thought leaders and learners that want to make a difference in our world.
You and your academic and professional success are our priority. We are committed to helping you with both academic and professional preparation to ensure you are career-ready upon graduation. Rigorous coursework, engagement with the business community, applied learning, and career-related experiences all enable you to develop the knowledge, skills and experiences that support success during college and beyond. Whether interested in working in business, journalism, communication, broadcasting, government, or nonprofit organizations, you will have many opportunities to discover your passions.
Our business programs are accredited by AACSB International. This accreditation recognizes the excellence of our students, faculty, staff, and curriculum. Only 5% of the business programs in the world have earned AACSB accreditation so students can be assured of receiving a high-quality business education at Youngstown State University (YSU).
Our Communication programs prepare you for rewarding careers that understand that “the medium is the message”. Working with faculty, who are knowledgeable about the present and future of the industry, allows you to make a seamless transition to your career.
I hope you will enjoy learning about the WCBA, and I encourage you to visit us often as you make your college decision. Our faculty, staff, and students are here to welcome you, answer your questions, and share how the Williamson College of Business Administration may be the place for you.
With Penguin Pride,
Kelly Wilkinson, PhD
Dean, Williamson College of Business Administration
WCBA BSBA Learning Objectives
Williamson College of Business Administration BSBA graduates will be:
Knowledgeable Business Professionals
1.1 Students will demonstrate a multidisciplinary understanding of business concepts.
Adept Business Problem Solvers
2.1 Students will be able to utilize appropriate techniques to identify a business problem.
2.2 Students will be able to conduct analysis using evidence based methods.
2.3 Students will be able to make a supported recommendation intended to solve a business problem.
3.1 Students will be able to deliver professional business presentations.
3.2 Students will be able to write professional business documents.
Model Business Professionals
4.1 Students will exhibit professional conduct in a workplace environment.
4.2 Students will exhibit behaviors associated with being an effective team member.
4.3 Students will exhibit ownership of their career and professional development.
Departments and Programs
Lariccia School of Accounting and Finance
DR. JEREMY SCHWARTZ, CHAIR, (330) 941-3076
- Accounting (BSBA)
- Finance: Financial Management Track (BSBA)
- Finance: Certified Financial Planner Track (BSBA)
- Business Economics (BSBA)
- Economics (BA)
- Economics with Statistics
The Department of Management and Marketing
DR. BRUCE KEILLOR, CHAIR, (330) 941-1894
- Business Administration (BSBA)
- Human Resource Management (BSBA)
- Management (BSBA)
- Management: Supply Chain Track (BSBA)
- Marketing (BSBA)
- Marketing: Professional Selling Track (BSBA)
- International Business (ICP) (BSBA)
- Business (non-business majors)
- Management Information Systems
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Professional Selling
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Nonprofit Leadership
THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION
DR. MARY BETH EARNHEARDT, CHAIR, (330) 941-3638
- Communication Studies Interpersonal/Organizational Track (BA)
- Communication Studies Persuasion Track (BA)
- Communication Studies Social Media Track (BA)
- Journalism (BA)
- Journalism: Sports Information Track (BA)
- Multimedia Communication (BA)
- Multimedia Communication: Sports Broadcasting Track (BA)
- Communicating in Diverse Organizations
- Communication Studies
- Interpersonal Communication
- Social Media Campaigns
- Sports Information
- Multimedia Communication
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration (AABA)
Facilities - Williamson Hall
One of the newest buildings on campus, the Williamson College of Business Administration's 110,000 square-foot, $34.3 million space is a LEED-certified, contemporary facility that serves as the southern gateway to the YSU campus. The WCBA provides state-of-the-art classrooms and learning spaces for students, and a variety of places for students to study and meet with team members, friends, and the business community. The building includes:
- WCBA Student Services Center (Academic Advisement, WCBA Scholarships, Prospective Student Visits)
- WCBA Center for Career Management (Professional Development, Employer Network, Internships)
- Faculty Offices
- Financial Services Lab
- Jocelyne Kollay Linsalata Gallery of Industry, Business and Entrepreneurship
- Weir Atrium
- 15 Technology-Enhanced Classrooms
- 8 Study Lounge/Team Rooms
- Conference Center and Executive Board Room
- 200-seat Auditorium
- Ohio Small Business Development Center, SBDC Export Assistance Network, Ohio Apex Accelerator, Center for Excellence in International Business, Center for Nonprofit Leadership, and the Center for Entrepreneurship
Designed to link the campus with the downtown community, the building is a valuable resource for WCBA students and the regional community.
Facilities - The Department of Communication
Bliss Hall is the home of our Communication Studies, Journalism, and Multimedia Communication Majors. In addition to classrooms and faculty offices, Bliss Hall includes:
- Full Television Studio
- Podcast Studios
- Student group workspaces
The first floor of Meshel Hall houses our high-tech classrooms and a student computer lab.
The Payiavlas Classroom in the Don Constantini Multimedia Center, which opened in 2019, is located at YSU's Stambaugh Stadium. The facility serves as a production hub for ESPN+ broadcasts of YSU sports and a classroom space for the Multimedia Communication and Sports Broadcasting programs.
Students have the opportunity to participate in a number of media opportunities through the Office of Student Experience sponsored activities, including the Jambar, Jambar TV, and Rookery Radio. The Jambar student newspaper's offices are located in Kilcawley Center. Rookery Radio, a student-run internet radio station, streams from Kilcawley Center.
For more information, visit The Warren P. Williamson, Jr. College of Business Administration.